Decisions, decisions, decisions! We’re faced with them every single day – some are easier to make than others, like what to have for lunch…although sometimes that decision hurts my brain far more than it should!
Many times in life we’re faced with much tougher decisions like moving, career changes, or leaving a relationship. There are times you probably feel like your head is going to explode and you recite the words “I don’t know what to do!” over and over again. Truth is, you know exactly what to do – the answer lies within you somewhere, you just need to peel back the layers to find it. In this weeks video I tell you why you’re feeling blocked and how to access the answer you’re looking for!
Many people reach for a pen to create a pros and cons list to help them get clarity. The problem with making a list like this is it’s a very logical approach to decision making. Most of us struggle with making decisions because its tied to our emotions. To tap into the emotional part of the decision ask yourself the following questions:
- How would it FEEL to do and to not do whatever it is you’re making a decision about? (Really pay attention to the word feel here and try not to let logic get in the way)
- How do those feelings play a part in your decision? How are they possibly holding you back from knowing what to do?
- In what ways is it worth having this feeling hold you back?
- What are the consequences for making/not making whatever the decision is?
- Are you willing to live with those consequences?
Happy decision making!
If you enjoyed this video you may also like “How to Stop Caring What People Think.”